Check out this great infographic from Foursquare. 2010 was a great year for Location Based Services and Foursquare's 3400% growth definitely illustrates that. It's also important to note that since the majority of check-ins on Foursquare are not incentivized, Foursquare stats contain less skew from check-in cheating than other LBS apps with rewards for every check-in like Shopkick or MyTown
Here are some of the 2010 Foursquare highlights:
- In 2010 there were 381 million Foursquare check-ins.
- More Foursquare check-ins happen at 6pm than at any other time of day.
- The event gathering the most Foursquare check-ins was The Rally to Restore Sanity with 30,525 check-ins.
- The Most Popular Foursquare brand Pages are MTV, Bravo, History Channel, Zagat, & VH1.
- There were 224 females named Wendy who checked in at Wendy’s. Only one became the mayor.